Tuesday, March 31, 2009

365/4 Linda B

The original Idea for 365 comes from HERE.

Linda B.

In elementary school Linda was my best friend. I still have a letter she sent to me after my family moved back home to Africa in which she reminisces about watching the Jungle Book movie together. Her favorite part was where one monkey hit the other monkey. I still have the letter she wrote to me.
A few years later my family returned to Canada and a few years after that we returned to Saskatoon. I was in high school then and imagine my surprise one day to see Linda at my high school. Though we were always friendly towards one another our lives had taken us on different paths and we were never as good friends as we were in our elementary days. This didn't create any animosity between us either though. We were friendly to one another when we crossed paths, but simply didn't hang out in the same circles. She was into curling (which at the time I knew NOTHING about) and I played soccer and went to church a lot.
I still look back on my interactions with her with fondness. She will remain in my mind forever as my best friend in elementary school. I think it's sad sometimes how people grow apart, but I guess there's a time and a place for everything - and sometimes I am GLAD people grow apart!

1 comment:

Teena in Toronto said...

Too bad you lost touch with her.