Thursday, March 26, 2009

family


When I was growing up I lived in a fairly small town in close proximity to both sets of my grandparents, my great-grandmother (Ouma) and my great grandfather (Pop).

I had an amazing childhood, smattered with unhappy things (things that still shaped who I am today), but surrounded by aunts, cousins and grandparents who totally loved me and who I loved.

When I entered my youth my family moved countries and since that time we have not lived near any relatives. In a way this bonded my immediate family more to one another, but I am sad that I grew up not really knowing many of my cousins.

Lately, since my introduction to facebook and blogging I have become better acquainted with one of my cousins who I did not really know growing up. Partially we were separated by age, but more by geography.

I have TOTALLY loved the time over the past few months getting to know her through her writing and wanted to give a shout out to her.

So Lisa.... It has been my pleasure getting to know you more! I am excited to continue to get to know you and grow in our familial friendship. Keep blogging!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, I LOVE your blog and facebook as well! I'm glad we connected this way. And I will definitely keep blogging, you got me addicted! lol

Teena in Toronto said...

I'm "friends" with my cousins who I've never met.

Alas, I'm not getting to know them, though.