Monday, March 9, 2009

My Iditarod Obsession

I have known about the Iditarod for many years. This spring I watched a documentary on the 2008 Iditarod and completely fell in love with the whole thing. The 2009 Iditarod started last Saturday and I have been checking the internet for musher updates every since. I almost check on an hourly basis which is a little ridiculous but I still do it.

I mentioned in a previous post that Dee Dee Jonrowe was my favorite musher. As I was checking out the website yesterday I saw that this year there are 18 women competing. I think it is amazing that ANYONE competes at all, but that women compete I think is awesome.

Here are the names of some of the women competing in the race this year, and if they have websites I could find I have included them also for you to check out.

No comments: