1. I love making lists.
2. My middle name is the first name of my mother and the English version of my great grandmother's name.
3. When I was four years old my great grandmother took me to Southhampton where I went on rides and she watched from the sidelines. We came home VERY late at night after missing the last ferry and my parents were worried about us. It was one of the best days of my life.
4. My last name is Irish, the "O" has been dropped and the name means "raven" or "wisdom".
5. I am in my 40's.
6. I am the oldest of five children.
7. I was born in Rhodesia - it is now Zimbabwe.
8. I never wore glasses until I was in my 40's. I still don't like to wear them but I need them more and more.
9. I wish I lived closer to my family.
10. When I was a small child, my hair was very blonde, so blonde it had a green tinge from being in the pool so much.
11. I grew up thinking two of my cousins were my brother and sister and my aunt was another mother. I still love them like siblings and feel lucky to have "two moms".
12. My aunt - who is like my second mother - passed away recently and it was the most devastating loss I have ever experienced. I miss her daily.
13. My mom was a stay at home mom with five kids. She is an extremely hard worker. I hope for my kids that I will be just one millionth of the mother to them that my mom was to me. They will have a good upbringing if I can manage that.
14. I’ve had many pets in my life- a cat named Higgins, a great dane named Thor, A great dane named Circe, A great dane named Pax, A great dane named Aphrodite, A great dane names Hugo, a heinz 57 named Mukiwa, A Heinz 57 named Tora, A shepherd mix named Zuva and cats named Tigger, Buddy, Sadie, Simon, Angel, Gina, Georgie, Foxy, Helios and Nix. I won't list the birds by name.
15. All my pets have passed on except for Zuva and Nix.
16. Mukiwa had to be put down because of a degenerative hip problem (one of the hardest moments of my life).
17. I sold my motorcycle to my uncle. I wish I still had it. I love motorcycles.
18. I am of Irish and English heritage on my dad’s side and English and Dutch on my mom’s.
19. When I was a young girl I had a mosquito net over my bed. I had no idea it was a mosquito net, I thought I was a princess sleeping in a princess bed.
20. I still love to get toys for Christmas and birthdays. I’m very much a kid at heart.
21. I don't like to buy things for myself. I hate to try on clothes. I would rather buy something and take it back to the store later if it doesn't fit than try it on in the store.
22. I had an amazingly happy childhood. I feel guilty telling people that.
23. When I was in high school, I broke my leg playing soccer in the very first game of the season my senior year. I spent much of the year in a cast and on crutches. I felt then that it was a life changing experience.
24. All the kids in my family have names beginning with the letter "J".
25. I have never done drugs.
26. I don't drink beer. I usually don't drink at all but I have. I don't like the taste of alcohol.
27. I have 11 tattoos and I would like a lot more.
28. I had my ear pierced with a helix earring and I loved it but the piercer fucked it up and so it was painful - the piercings were not in line. I had to take it out but I wish I still had it.
29. I have shaved my head because I don't care what people think of me, but I didn't get tattoo's on my forearms for YEARS because I was afraid of what people would think of me! I'm a mystery wrapped in an enigma.
30. I have a low tolerance for pain, but love getting tattooed.
31. I can't watch anyone eating eggs with a soft yolk, or meat that is bloody.
32. I can't eat anything off a bone, (har de har har). Eating a pork chop or a chicken leg will make me gag.
33. My favorite foods are Mexican and Italian. The best meal I ever ate was from Persia.
34. I love mushrooms.
35. I am an introvert who masquerades as an extrovert. It is exhausting.
36. I never really got into trouble at home or at school.
37. It takes me a VERY long time to make friends but I am extremely loyal to those I am close to. I lived in Utah for almost ten years before I felt I had three close friends. Then I moved away.
38. I love to take photographs but I'm not an excellent photographer. I wish I were.
39. I always wanted to be a fireman or a writer. I am neither, but still wish I were both.
40. I believe in school uniforms.
41. I love school. I have a Bachelor's degree in sociology and I was in a masters degree program but never finished it. It is one of me life's regrets. I would still love to get a PhD from Ohio State in African Studies but it will likely never happen.
42. I attended Weber State University for my undergraduate studies and attended UNBC for my graduate studies.
43. I never went to a college football game other than when BYU beat Miami in 1989 (when Ty Detmer was the quarterback at BYU), but I was in the homecoming court of my alma mater one year.
44. I cross stitch. I love it, I am good at it. I have given away just about everything I have ever made. Since having children I don't do it anymore because it is too difficult to keep the threads and needles and patterns out of little hands. Oh, and I go to bed when the kids do, so there isn't really time anymore.
45. If I had to choose to be indoors or out - I would be on a screened in porch (Lol) but my boys love to be outside and I have adjusted my time accordingly. I don't mind the change because my boys make me happier than anything else in my life.
46. I love doing crafts and wish I had the time and money to do more.
47. I have always wanted to build a stone wall and a labyrinth.
48. I’m interested in beekeeping and would LOVE to have a hive on the property.
49. My parents used to have competitions doing tricks on motorcycles in my nana and grandad's front yard. I love the family time we spent in that yard.
50. I LOVE to read. I also love to buy books but I have almost completely stopped buying books since moving to Canada.
51. I love music. I sing all the time. If I am not singing outloud I have a song in my mind.
52. I went to as many Indigo girls concerts as I could attend while living in the USA.
53. I would love to see Rob Thomas and Pink in concert (not the same concert necessarily!)
54. I talk to myself. Outloud.
55. At one point in my life I wanted to be a ventriloquist. My parents purchased me a wrinkles dog to use as my ventriloquist dummy. My former foster daughter became attached to the wrinkles puppet and named it Boris. She "licked" me constantly with Boris's tongue.
56. My parents told me all my life I could do anything I wanted and that I would be successful at it. They have always been supremely supportive of me and I believe I can do anything in this life and be successful at it. I used to idolize both of my parents, until my dad was a douche - now I don't idolize him any more.
57. One of the most embarrassing moments in my life was when I was trying to tell someone who was kneeling by the desk at work that she would be more comfortable in a chair. Instead of just bringing her a chair I said " I'm thinking of your thigh's right now." I still think I could have gotten away with it and covered it up somehow if the people I worked with hadn't erupted into fits of laughter and choking.
58. My fingers are very thin. Weirdly thin.
59. I went on a Mormon mission for 18 months. I worked hard. I resent people who think I didn't. The Mormon church does not want anything to do with me because I am an out homosexual - a dyke - a lesbo. And I like it.
61. I saw the World Trade Center towers fall live on television on September 11. I will never forget how surreal that day was.
62. I believe George W Bush is a criminal and a liar. I thought he was the worst president ever until Donald Trump became president.
63. I love to take naps.
64. I love to people-watch in airports.
65. I used to be addicted to the television, now not so much. I LOVE to watch television but I go very long periods of time watching nothing. Netflix has helped me out lots. I no longer even own a television or subscribe to cable.
67. I most times prefer the company of my pets to the company of people.
68. I was in one car accident and I was not the driver. I had just washed the car prior to getting hit in it. It made me suspicious of washing my vehicles. ( I have since been in an other accident in which I was hit by a drunk driver at 1 pm in the afternoon. I hadn't washed me vehicle before the accident).
69. I have received a grand total of one speeding ticket, a LONG time ago on 1-15 on the way to California just outside of St. George, Utah. Then in 2015 in the space of one week I got ticketed twice for not wearing a seatbelt. I always wear a seatbelt but was not wearing one either time I was pulled over. I was seriously distracted that week! - This is out of date. I have had more speeding ticket now.
70. I have a very vivid imagination and I cannot watch a scary movie because it is "real" to me and freaks me out.
71. I started to drink coffee in my 30's.
72. I don't like the taste of coffee as much as I like the smell of coffee.
73. I would like to travel more. I love the mountains and the ocean.
74. I like American dr pepper more than I like Canadian Dr Pepper.
75. I've had nightmares about being shot at work and being mauled by baby bears. I can change my dreams sometimes as I am dreaming, specifically when I am falling in my dreams. I never used to dream about people that I actually knew. This changed in 2015.
76. I have acted in a play.
77. I worked for Dickie Dee Ice-cream carts. It was a crappy job- ice cream does not stay frozen in bike freezers no matter how much dry ice you pedal around.
78. I’ve also worked at United Parcel Service. They were extremely chauvinistic and I could do the job as well as any man but quit when I was passed over for promotion too many times.
79. I vote and for the first time since living in Canada my vote counted in the provincial election in 2015 when the NDP under Rachel Notley won a majority vote.
80. I'm loud and can't help it. One of the things that annoys me is when people "shush" me.
81. I'm an excellent speller and a terrible typist, so it appears I can't spell when I am typing.
82. We had a foster child with us for a very short time. We knew when she came it would be less than 3 months. I love her insanely and I miss her. I wish she were a part of our family. Thinking of her still brings a smile to my face.
83. I remember obscure movie quotes and use them frequently in my daily life.
84. I have considered running for political office but I never will.
85. I have played, coached, and refereed soccer. it is my favourite sport.
86. I have visited the Hershey factory in Pensylvannia.
87. My political persuasion is slightly liberal. I am scarily conservative for a lesbian.
88. Mint Milano cookies are the best in the history of ever.
90. My grandmother, my mother and my aunts have decorated cakes professionally. I always judge cakes by what I grew up seeing produced in my families kitchens. I think nothing compares to the work that they do, but I do not know how to do it myself and I wish I did.
91. I’m also a fan of a few (but not all) professional sports. Here are my allegiances: basketball (Seattle Sonics - now defunct), Football (Seattle Seahawks) and English Premier League (Liverpool). I like most sports. I enjoy college basketball.
92. I was a foster parent for over ten years. It is one of the best things I have ever done and one of the worst things I have ever done.
93. I was raised in an very religious home but I don't know if I even believe in God.
94. I write poetry. Some has been published and some has won amateur competitions.
94. I love to travel. Some of my favorite places I’ve traveled are Seattle, Singapore, Jasper, AB; and Disneyland.
95. I like hot weather. I hate cold weather, yet I live in a VERY northern community in Canada. Go figure.
96. I have never felt "at home" since leaving Africa.
97. I would like to be wealthy enough to travel and have some "toys".
98. The first time I fell in love I was in my twenties.
99. I have no children by birth but have parented and loved many children.
100. I am not good at looking after myself.