Sunday, April 5, 2020

Trying to find a new normal

It's April 5.
There are now 1075 cases of confirmed Covid-19 in Alberta.
One of the deaths in Alberta was a woman in her 20's. That really worries me because I have COPD and if I get sick it can get bad really quickly. This virus is not just affecting the elderly.
It's the end of the second week since school was cancelled and I have been working at home.
I'm finding it really difficult to get into a routine with the boys home and having to work my same hours.
I feel like all I am doing is working and cleaning up after C.
The furnace is somewhat fixed - at least we don't have to have space heaters to heat the house. That is one less thing for me to worry about.
It's crazy how this whole thing is really affecting peoples mental health. We are so lucky to be able to connect with social media. I can't imagine what this whole thing would be like if we weren't able to connect at all.
I had such a clear plan of how this was going to look and it doesn't resemble that plan at all. Time for me to rethink what this "new normal" is going to look like.


No comments: