Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Follow up on ten things I will do this year

Back In January I wrote a list of ten things I would do this year - in 2009. I thought that because we are coming close to the end of March and the year is 1/4 over already I would revisit that list and check to see how I was coming on things. In bold is the update on each item:

Ten things I will do in 2009.
1. Write more letters to my sister who is a missionary. I have written more to Jill than I had at the beginning of the year but I am no where near where I want to be for letter writing.
2. Make pajamas for my sons. I haven't even purchased patterns for pajamas yet, but I do think about it frequently, especially because they are both currently grown ouf of their pj's.
3. Finish the cross stitch nativity characters for my mom. I got the stuff out of the drawer and put it on the shelf. It has moved!
4. Plant trees in our yard. If ONLY I had planted trees. I don't think it is an exaggeration to say there s at least 4 feet of snow in our yard right now.
5. Take a FOR REAL vacation - this year I have reason to believe we will be joining my brother and his family at the lake. We have never taken a "for real" vacation since coming to Canada. I think my brother's plans for a vacation this summer have changed although we still want to take one it may not be to the lake with Justin, unfortunately.
6. Procrastinate homework assignments. YAY! I have done this one!!!
7. Complete the adoption for Maximus Orellius. Not a word on the adoption, though it is out of our hands.
8. Go on a date with my spouse.We actually had a plan for a date and then the boys got sick and we took Maxie with us on our weekend "away" and didn't stay away!
9. See at least ONE movie in a theater with popcorn, hotdog, and LARGE coke. Nope.
10. Talk to my far away friends more frequently. I haven't done this either. I was supposed to call LG on Sunday night but the boys came home and I got busy with them.

It appears as though I need to get working on some things in order to make sure all these things come to pass. Right now I am 1/10. 10 percent done and the year is 25 % complete.


And this year, even though I SHOULDN'T because I am still in school and should be starting to work on my thesis... I will read 99 books. There's no way this is going to happen. I have only read 9 books so far and I won't be reading again for a while with the school projects due here in the next few weeks. I'll have to try for 99 books in 2009 when I am done with school. I won't even pretend I will get this one done.

1 comment:

Teena in Toronto said...

Just do what you can. Don't stress about it.