Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ten on Tuesday: things I like to do on vacation


Today the topic for Ten on Tuesday is "Things I like to do on vacation".

You can link to others who participate by clicking on the little picture above.
It has been a LONG time since I have been on a vacation but it is my goal to go on one with my spouse SOON.
1. I like to go to Disneyland. Vacations should all happen in and around Disneyland. Disneyland needs to be SOME part of the equation. I suppose it's not realistic to go to Disneyland for EVERY vacation, so I will continue with the next 9 answers and try to come up with something else I like to do on a vacation.
2. Turn of cell phone and internet. (This is extremely difficult for me, but a requirement for a REAL vacation).
3. Take insane amounts of photographs. (My spouse is in charge of this).
4. READ. I don't care where I am or what I am doing. If I am on vacation there needs to be a book close by.
5. Be WARM so I can wear SANDALS and T-Shirts and Shorts ONLY. Warmth is a requirement. My spouse really wants to go to Alaska or to the Northwest Territories. While I am closer to considering the idea than ever before, I am still reluctant because of the temperature.
6. Visit someplace I have never visited before. Why go to the same place and do the same thing over and over? (I would do this if I had a cabin.) Until the time I HAVE a cabin, the whole concept of vacation for me means doing something I haven't done before in a place I haven't been before (unless it's Disneyland)!
7. Eat good food. Preferably something FRESH and LOCAL. (or Mexican!)
8. LAUGHTER. I need to laugh on vacation. No good going some place and being all stressed about it. Believe it or not, between my spouse and I, we can pretty much find something to be stressed about without much help. Vacations should be stress free and laughter filled.
9. Forget about work. I would like to do this on a vacation. I have yet to accomplish it. It is a goal I am working towards.
10. Buy a t-shirt (or get a tattoo). I'm easy either way.

4 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

Can I come on vacation with you?

Pleez?

Always Faith said...

Yeah! Great list! I think I agree with Teena...can we tag along? *Grin*

JCB said...

come along!

Janet said...

you would definitely fulfill #6 if you went to Alaska or to the Northwest Territories, right? AND make your spouse happy! win-win!