Saturday, April 4, 2009

three beautiful things

1. My curious and exploring 2.5 year old son. I think today I head my spouse exclaim that she found a banana in the soup can cupboard. Though all his curiosity can be tiresome it is beautiful to me how he is exploring his world and that he feels "safe" doing it. In the tub he has been exploring how cups can fit on his feet. This made me laugh out loud because I very specifically remember members of my immediate family doing the exact same things growing up!


2. My sleeping (spoiled) 8 month old baby. He is struggling right now to get comfortable as he sleeps because he is teething and HATES to take any kind of medicine that would give him relief. We hold him to put him to sleep (SPOILED!) but once he is asleep he wants to stay that way! He is so cute as we manipulate him around, change his diaper etc. and he fights to stay asleep.

3. The sun. We are getting more and more sun daily. In a month or two it will barely dip below the horizon and we will only get "semi-darkness" for a while, but the days are already getting longer and it is truly a beautiful thing. Tonight it was still light at 9pm.

1 comment:

Teena in Toronto said...

I love that we are getting more and more sun!