Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday Meme

I took this from Sunday Stealing:

1. My uncle once : fell off the hood of a car while it was moving. It drove over him and dragged him along the road. He still has a scar on his face to this day from the incident.
2. Never in my life : did I expect to be living in Northern Alberta and raising two boys.
3. When I was seventeen : I started university and bombed horribly. I DID get a good grade in my religion classes and in my soccer class, but unfortunately they had little to do with credits towards graduation.
4. High School was : a long time ago. We moved back across the country when I was in the middle of grade nine and I started a new school in a new province. Unfortunately I had to read Romeo and Juliet and watch the movie West Side Story twice.
5. I will never forget : the taste in my mouth when I broke my leg.
6. I once met : someone who I fell In love with. It wasn't what I had imagined for myself, but it has been an awesome journey.
7. There’s this girl I know who : came into our lives for just three months as a foster child. She made me smile every day, she was such a character. I will remember her forever and I hope we will hold as fond a place in her memory as she has in ours.
8. Once, at a bar : my inebriated friends started a "tooth fund" for me and threw all kinds of change into the jar so I could visit the dentist and get a tooth implant.
9. By noon, I’m usually: pretty hungry but that's probably because I am not a good breakfast eater.
10. Last night : I had to work and then pack for a trip to High Level. I have never been to High Level and to be honest I was not anxious to come here.
11. If only I had: some way of convincing my parents to come back to Canada. I would do anything to have them live close by.
12. Next time I go to gym/church : ... I think the next time I go to the gym I will end up in church - because it will kill me!
13. Susan Boyle : has an incredible voice and it gave me goosebumps to watch her sing.
14. What worries me most : is being so far away from my family as my parents and in laws get older.
15. When I turn my head left, I see : my spouse reading a book in the bed at the hotel.
16. When I turn my head right, I see : the hotel chair with my clothing on it from today.
17. You know I’m lying when : I tell you?
18. What I miss most about the eighties : is absolutely not the clothing or the hairdos, but maybe a more normal Micheal Jackson?
19. If I was a character in Shakespeare, I’d be : very very old, but if I were still alive today I would probably be immortal. Dang, how old is Shakespeare?
20. By this time next year : I will have completed my thesis and I will be almost ready to walk across a stage and get my masters degree.
21. A better name for me would be : Doctor J.
22. I have a hard time understanding : the economics of a recession. It seems as though there is an awful lot that has been contrived by politicians and the media but has had a very real impact on human lives.
23. If I ever go back to school, I’ll : be working on my doctorate degree, because I'm already in school working on my masters degree.
24. You know I like you if : you make me laugh.
25. If I ever won an award, the first person I’d thank would be : the children. Isn't that a given?
26. When I compare 80’s rock to 90’s rock : I don't really have a comparison, because I like both. There were sure more hair bands in the 80's fo sho.
27. Take my advice, never : chew on tin foil in a thunderstorm while flying a kite.
28. My ideal breakfast is : one that I can eat later on in the day when I am fully awake and eating it won't make me sick to my stomach. My spouse makes the only kind of fried eggs I like. I am a fan of waffles :)
29. A song I love, but do not own is : the newest song by Rob Thomas which has not been released yet ... "Cradlesong".
30. If you visit my hometown, I suggest : not going anytime soon because it is incredibly unsafe at this time to travel in Zimbabwe at this time in history.
31. My favorite Beatle is : Ringo because he played the drums - and he was cute!
32. Why won’t people : get a clue about human rights?
33. If you spend the night at my house : we will hang out at the fire pit and roast marshmallows and hot dogs. You will see more stars than you have ever seen in your life and you will have a blast.
34. I’d stop my wedding for: witnesses. Apparently you need witnesses no matter where you get married. We did not know this when we got a marriage license and arranged for someone to officiate. She said we needed witnesses but we went to BC all alone and didn't know anyone. It's hard to have a wedding without witnesses.
35. The world could do without: people who judge.
36. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than : watch a Woody Allen movie.
37. My favorite blonde is : P!nk.
38: Paper clips are more useful than : velcro.
39. If I do anything well, it’s : play with my boys and make them laugh.
40. And by the way : I thought that coming to High Level would be a drag, and I can't honestly say i would recommend that anyone come here for fun. Having said that, travelling and hanging out with my spouse is always a blast. It is great to be getting some time away with her. (And having internet and cable in the room in nice!)

No comments: