Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Ten on Tuesday


You can Link to Ten on Tuesday here.


This weeks topic: 10 Superstitions, Traditions, and or Personality Quirks ( I don't think of myself as very superstitious so I will go with the tradition and personality quirk options here)

1. Tradition: Every Christmas we get new pajamas from Mrs. Claus for the whole family and open them on Christmas eve.

2. Personality Quirk: When drinking pop from a bottle, I always screw the cap on after taking a sip. This is annoying to me sometimes but it does save on spillage.

3. Tradition: Take the boy out for breakfast when after we pick him up from the sitters when I have been away at school.

4. Tradition: stopping for Baskin Robbins 31 flavors when we go to the city, to satiate(temporarily) my spouses need for "REAL" chocolate ice cream.

5.Tradition: I go to school out of town and when I return I pick up a pizza on my way out of town so we can have decent pizza for supper once in a while.

6. Personality Quirk: I have a song for everything imaginable. Sometimes I surprise myself with the songs I know. I think the one time I have been completely stumped was for a "poodle" but I could have sung "How much is that doggie in the window"

7. Personality quirk: I love fire. Matches, lighters, candles. If it burns I like it and I like to play with it.

8. Tradition: When I was growing up my family didn't have lots of extra cash on hand. Our birthdays were made in to HUGE "Special" days by my mom and they are still one of my favorite days of the year. We would all gather in mom and dad's room before dad went to work and everyone would sing happy birthday. We would get five chocolate bars - one for each kid in the family maybe? I still don't think my birthday is complete without my morning song from my parents and five chocolate bars.

9. Personality quirk: I love to pick. I think it is more of an obsession than a personality quirk.

10. Tradition: A few years ago I had the opportunity to go to Singapore when my nan was there. My parents are very active, they walk a LOT. My dad loves to shop (me - not so much). I think in the time I was there I walked at LEAST a hundred miles. As we would walk along my nan would call out to me in a loud voice "I love you Julie" and I would reply " I love you nana". It didn't matter if we were on escalators, at the zoo, in the line at a buffet or walking down the street. When I saw her again in Canada we picked up where we left of on this tradition of ours. Nan of course, has passed, but this is a memory of her I will cherish.

No comments: