Monday, April 14, 2008

20 questions

I found this here, she got it from Gertrude Grannypanties.


Here's mine:

What is your superpower?
Superstrength

Who are you most like in life?
I think I am a lot like my dad. I would in the past have said my mom because she is more expressive with her opinions etc, but recently I have been told I am "quiet" (who would ever have thought that word was used to describe me - I've come a long way from brownies where I was called "chatterbox"!)) and that I turn inward to deal with stress which is a lot like my dad. Both of my parents are workaholics so I get that from both of them. I watch tv like my dad and read like my dad. I also have a sense of direction like my dad. I don't like to shop like he does though.


Do people ever tell you you look like a celebrity?
When I was skinnier and had long hair people would tell me all the time I looked like Steffi Graf. That was a LONG time ago.

What are your views on weddings?

I have had one. They cost a lot of money and they are very stressful. I think the idea of gathering friends and family to celebrate a union is a cool idea. Someone should come up with a way that is less expensive and more meaningful. Weddings shouldn't be an "industry".


What was the last book you read?
The last book I read was by JA Jance and it was forgettable. I just finished "19 minutes" by Jody Picoult. I typically enjoy her books but this one for me was a downer. The topic was a school shooting. I don't know if I've just watched too much of that on tv or what, but it was extremely predictable and even the "twist" at the end I saw coming for days. I was disappointed in it.

Who is your hero?
My parents are my hero's.

What are five songs that would be on the soundtrack of your life?
I'm going to have to think about this for a while and get back to you.

Have you ever been burned?
Yes


What is your worst habit?
Picking


What is the best lesson your parents taught you?

I can do anything I set my mind to.

What are three things that hang on your walls?
Clock, Africa batik, too many mirrors.

Who do you think will actually WIN the presidency? Will it be the right choice?
I have a feeling it will be McCain but I wish it were a democratic nominee.

Is your bed made right now?
Yes, and there are probably at least two cats asleep on it

Where would you like to wake up in the morning if you could be anywhere?
Africa

Do you do anything creative?
I used to draw, I have had some of my poetry published and I love cross stitch. None of which I am doing currently but I should start up again because I enjoy it.

What would you like to be doing in five years if there were no limits to who you could be?
In five years I will have my masters degree. If I could be anywhere, doing anything I would love to be running a bed and breakfast with my spouse and teaching.

Why Craigslist?
Actually I don't do anything on Craigslist.


What is really the greatest thing about meeting someone new?
The potential of making a new friend. ( that was a cheesy answer. I don't really like meeting new people and when I do meet them I am not likely to make a new friend!)

If you didn’t have to work, would you?

Yes. I would work at least part time. I like working.

What are you doing to make less of an impact on the earth?
Probably not enough but my spouse recycles like mad and I married her so does that count?

No comments: