Wednesday, April 16, 2008

something got into me

I don't know what happened to me last night but something sure got into me.
When I got home from work S asked if I would take the baby out so she could make supper and we could get some playtime in. We went outside for a while and played and shovelled more melting snow away from the house. Puddles have some kind of magnetic pull on the little man because he gravitates to them like moths to a flame. Of course I was wearing sandals again so I just "supervised" him in the water and didn't try to retrieve him.
We had supper, called and sang happy birthday to my niece, bathed and got M into bed. This is the time of day when I usually vege out. Once M is in bed I consider my day to be pretty much over. Not last night. Maybe S put something in the bacon?
I cleaned the bathroom (sans floor and tub), put some loads of laundry in, folded some loads of laundry, put together some lamps we bought for our very dark living room, put together the lamp shades (and spent some time wondering who comes up with the designs for these things anyway), and I hung a shelf in the living room for one of our plants. Seriously now. What came over me?
Oh RIGHT - I have a major paper due Saturday!

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Never underestimate the power of procrastination - it enabled us to achieve amazing things other than the thing we are trying to avoid doing.

Byrning Bunny said...

"Cannot the labourers understand that by over-working themselves they exhaust their own strength and that of their family (progeny), that they are used up and long before their time come to be incapable of any work at all, that absorbed and brutalized by this single vice they are no longer (wo)men but pieces of men, that they kill within themselves all beautiful faculties, to leave nothing alive and flourishing except the furious madness for work."~~ Paul Lafargue, The Right to Be Lazy (1883)