I am back in Burns Lake for class this weekend. I stay in a hotel overnight because class is on Friday night and all day Saturday. I stay in a room with a microwave and a mini-fridge which I like a lot because I can bring something with me to eat and save money by not having to eat out so much.
Today as I was in a gas station to pay for my gas I notices microwaveable Kraft dinner on sale. I picked one up and thought I was set for supper. I am not a huge fan of Kraft Dinner. I think I probably eat it less than once a year, but for travel and to save money I figured it was good enough for supper tonight.
Class gets over after nine pm and even if I wanted to go and get something to eat out my choices are limited, but I am happy to microwave something. I came back to the room and read the directions on the container. Fill with water and microwave for 3.5 minutes and then add the cheese mix and let it set. I followed the instructions.
I mixed the cheese and let it set. I took a big spoonful and ...... GAG O RAMA. 3.5 minutes of microwave time was WAYYYYY too much for the noodles. They were complete mush. I have no idea how they didn't disintegrate while I was stirring in the cheese mix. There are very few things in the world I like less in my mouth than soggy noodles. OK I can think of one or two other things I like less in my mouth - but as far as FOOD goes. Soggy Noodles top the list. No Kraft Dinner for me tonight. It works out ok anyway - my mouth is sore from all the sunflower seeds I ate on the drive over!