Sunday, January 25, 2009

Bullet Sunday

The idea of Bullet Sunday came to me from Dave at Blogography and you can link to him here.

I am struggling a bit coming up with bullet ideas for today but I will make an effort to keep my loyal three readers happy with a new post.

  • Barack Obama - I am so excited that I am alive to witness the office of the President of the United States being held by a man of minority status. I'm sure his politics will stir all kinds of craziness - especially in my family who are mostly very Republican - but regardless of his politics it is a historic and amazing moment which I feel blessed to witness.

  • Rush Limbaugh - this week on his radio show rush said that he hopes that Obama fails as president. A few months back I had an anonymous person make a comment on my blog and accuse me of saying things out of context. I HIGHLY doubt that same person will be reading my blog now, but just in case he/she is, here is the quote from Rush's show. He was asked by “a major American print publication” to offer a 400-word statement explaining his “hope for the Obama presidency.”

He responded:

"So I'm thinking of replying to the guy, 'Okay, I'll send you a response, but I don't need 400 words, I need four. I hope he fails. What are you laughing at? See, here's the point. Everybody thinks it's outrageous to say. Look, even my staff, 'Oh, you can't do that.' Why not? Why is it any different, what's new, what is unfair about my saying I hope liberalism fails? Liberalism is our problem. Liberalism is what's gotten us dangerously close to the precipice here. Why do I want more of it? I don't care what the Drive-By story is. I would be honored if the Drive-By Media headlined me all day long: 'Limbaugh: I Hope Obama Fails.' Somebody's gotta say it."

So this is the problem I have with politics. With ALL politics. Politicians and pundits have VERY short memories.
  • Just a few years ago the Dixie Chicks were in a music concert in London and singer Natalie Maines made the following comment "Just so you know, we're ashamed the president of the United States is from Texas."

Republican Americans went MAD. NBC banned an ad by the Chicks. People held protests where CDs were smashed and burned. The group received death threats. People in my own family called them un-American and said they should be deported or charged with treason and imprisoned. All they said was that they were ashamed the president was from Texas. Should they have said it? We can discuss this further at a later date..
I'm just pointing out that now we have a famous Political Pundit saying that the president should fail. SHOULD FAIL. Is that not disturbing to anyone? Where are all the people who freaked on the Dixie Chicks?

Come out, come out where ever you are?

Charge this idiot with treason and lock him away!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, but the Dixie Chicks are bright, educated, and talented women. That's why people were outraged. Rush Limbaugh is a slimeball, people don't expect much better from him, which is why his comments outrage almost no one. It's like Howard Stern doing something "shocking"... so what? That's the usual.

Anonymous said...

Rush Limbaugh is a nasty disgusting man. I think it just proves that this presidency and the people involved are choosing to ignore one person's words. The outrage over the Dixie Chicks was ridiculous. I applaud them for stating their opinion and sticking to their guns even when they were being beaten up by the press..