Thursday, August 19, 2010

letter to Max: 47 months

Dear Maxie Man,

I cannot BELIEVE that one month from today you will be four years old already. Time has flown by so fast and you are growing in leaps and bounds.

This time last year you were just out of surgery for your hearing and your world today is completely different than your world just one year ago. Prior to your surgery you were only saying two "words" and now you are talking in complete sentences and carrying on conversations.

This week when we went to the river you turned to your brother and told him to stop following you! I have a feeling he will be following you for many, many years to come. The funny thing is that you really don't care if your brother follows you, I think it is just something you heard from some other kids and were trying it out to see how it sounds. In fact, this morning I came downstairs and put CJ in the rocking chair and when I came back into the room you were next to him and had covered you both with your blanket. You love your brother and he loves you and I love to watch the relationship between you grow.

Last night when we got home i asked you as we were getting out of the truck if you wanted to play outside. You DID - but you wanted to go and get your brother first. You were not impressed at all that he wasn't home because he is ALWAYS waiting for you and he is the first person you greet when we arrive home.

The summer has just flown by and we have had a great one. We have spend innumerable hours outside in the sand pile and on the swing. Spending time with me pushing you on the swingset has become a daily ritual for us as soon as I get home from work. I love every minute of it.
Last night as I pushed you on the swing you spent the whole time reciting who you love and who loves you.

Your list went like this:
I love my mommy.
I love my other mommy.
I love my hee go (Hugo).
I love my yuu vaa (Zuva).
I love my Eye-yah (your name for CJ).
I love my hee yos (Helios)
I love my nikky (nyx)
My mommy loves me.
My other mommy loves me.
My Eye-yah love me.
My Hee go loves me.
My Yuu Vaa loves me.
My hee yos loves me.
My Nikky loves me.

I think you went through this list at least four times before we had to stop swinging and come in and get ready for your bath. As far as I am concerned we can recite this list over and over every day as many times as you want. You are VERY loved and I am glad you know it. it is also a thrill to hear you say that you love us too.

I am sad that the weather is changing and we won't be spending any time swinging once the snow flies. I just hope you always want to spend time with me because I always want to spend time with you. I am feeling a bit sad for how fast you are growing more and more independent.

Rest your head close to my heart, never to part baby of mine.

I love you.
Your mommy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would really like you to know just how much I love reading your blog. I always know when I read one of your posts that I am either going to be howling with laughter or shedding a tear. What is it like for two Mommies raising their kids in Alberta? Do you live in rural or urban Alberta? I was born and raised on Vancouver Island and now my boyfriend and I live in Croatia. It is very conservative here and not easy to be OUT at all.

JCB said...

Thank you SOOOO much! You just totally made my day! We live in Rural alberta and it is VERY interesting

Teena in Toronto said...

That's so sweet :)