Monday, May 18, 2009

monday meme

Cheers to all us thieves!

Sunday Stealing: The 29'er Meme

1. What bill do you hate paying the most? um - the Telus mobility bill because they piss me off.

2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner? ... uh, it's been a LONG time since we have had a romantic dinner. We did have a picnic with the kids in the living room recently though!

3. How many colleges did you attend? Three. I almost said two because the second one I dont even count, but what about for grad school? That would make four.

4. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now? It is ridiculously comfortable.

5. First thought when the alarm went off this morning? I don't wake up to an alarm so I woke up this morning when I was ready to.

6. Last thought before going to sleep last night? I was reading my fourth book in as many days, so I was pretty blissful as I fell asleep.

7. What do you miss being a child? almost everything... I had a pretty good childhood.

8. What errand/chore do you despise? Washing around the bottom of the toilet.

9. Have you found real love yet? Sure have.

10. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart? Kitty litter in thousand pound boxes.

11. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual? Hmn. I think it should be for everyone or for no-one.

12. What famous person would you like to have dinner with? The Queen of England

13. Ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose? I don't think so.

14. Somewhere in California you've never been and would like to go? The Redwood forest

15. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship? new career

16. Do you have a “go to” person? absolutely

17. Are you where you want to be in life? Considering all life has handed us, we are doing fairly well.

18. Over the years, what about you do you think has changed the most? I think the way I deal with people has changed a lot. I used to be VERY sarcastic and now I am only mildly sarcastic. LOL

19. Looking back at high school were they the best years of your life? No.

20. Are there times you still feel like a kid? Lots of times. My spouse says I think like a 2 year old and that's handy since we have one.

21. Where was the hang out spot when you were a teenager? 8th street? Who knows. I didn't hang out so I wasn't there!

22. Who do you think impacted your life the most? Wow. I think my parents and my spouse have impacted my life, but aside of them I would say "Grace".

23. Was there a teacher or authority figure that stood out for you? I loved school. I have had a of teachers that stood out for me, so I suppose I should write the first ones that come to mind? Kathleen L., Mike E., Brenda K., Phyllis W., ......

24. Do you tell stories that start with “when I was your age”? No, but ones that start, "When I was a Carni"

25. What is the scariest thing that has happened to you as an adult? One of the scariest moments was when my spouse and I learned she needed a major surgery and the risks were outlined for us.

26. What advice would you give to someone about to get married? Only get married if you have something to bring to a marriage, not if you are looking to get something from the other person.

27. What advice would you give someone starting their first job? Put in your dues, work your way up. Don't expect to be the boss immediately - and don't think you know everything your boss knows.

28. If you could go back and change one thing you did, what would it be? I should never have gone to college as soon as I did. I should have waited.

29. If you could go back and change one thing someone else did, what would it be? I would change some things that were done "to" members of my family.

No comments: