Sunday, August 3, 2008

why does it take me so long to get assignments done?

I need to give a shout out to my spousal unit who booted my ass from the house today to go and get an assignment done. (If you click on the link you can check out her blog)

I don't know why it takes me so long to get these things done. I like to do them.

Even since I was booted and came to my office to write I managed to water my plants, blog (twice), read some articles - which was related to my paper, go to the bathroom, visited the vending machines, go to the bathroom again, looked for something I had in the back of my mind would help me with this assignment but in the meantime I found candles, burned candles, played with candle wax, emptied garbage from the back of my truck, phoned home, read other blogs.....

I certainly don't recommend to anyone who wants to succeed to leave assignments to the last minute. One really shouldn't sit down to write a paper in one sitting and think that they will produce anything of quality. I don't really care who you are, or what kind of academic skills you possess, quality work should be written and revised in order to produce the best product. Having said that, my assignment is done (in 4.5 hours including all disruptions) and I am on my way home for my spouse to take a critical look at it so I can make some minor adjustments before submitting it.

No comments: