Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thursday Thirteen: 13 words my son can say!

I have not participated in TT for a long time and I thought it was about time I got back into it.
You can link to other participants HERE.
At the beginning of this school year we met with the speech therapist and set goals for our son for learning words this school year. We asked what a realistic goal would be and she said that if he could say TWO words by the end of the school year (JUNE) that was realistic.
So here we are.
It is the end of February and we have 4 more months of school left before we break for the summer.
My boy says more than 13 words for SURE, but here are 13 of my favorite (words or phrases)...

1. Hallway
2. Onion
3. Go away ( I think it is cute that he says this - just not when he says it to me!)
4. Up high
5. Mama
6. On
7. Hello
8. Cup (although sometimes he says "puc" and not "cup")
9. Bowl
10. Ice
11. Bye
12. Cookie
13. Bubbles

6 comments:

Retro Girl said...

Hi there! Thanks for the visit!
How old is your son? Mine is 20 months old and starting to talk. He says Bup for Cup...lol. He is probably a teeny bit behind because we adopted him at 10 months old from S. Korea, so he was thrust into a new language..otherwise, he hit the ground running, literally! LOL.

My hubby is a Canadian (From Toronto!) So good to meet another Canuck! :-)

Grandma said...

The progress must be thrilling for you, and for him too. I've always loved listening to my granddaughter try out new words. She would find a word, test it out and it would appear frequently in her vocabulary for a week or two. But for over a year now her favorite is "apparently". She uses it so frequently that it's gotten to be a bit of a joke. Apparently, that is.

My T13: Regrets

CountryDew said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and my TT! Progress is good in any measure, and 13 words are great!

And your list of things to do is awesome. I hope you can tick off some of those.

Forgetfulone said...

That's an exciting age! I loved I, Alex Cross, but it could be just because I love James Patterson.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

He's really picking up some good vocabulary. Keep talking to him; it won't be long now before you guys are having a conversation.

Kim said...

Thanks for visiting my TT! We adopted two kids almost 7 years ago and the youngest boy was three and had NO vocabulary. We got him into a real speech therapist (he had a terrible one at Head Start who essentially had given up on him and told us to pursue other means of communication but not sign language as he was born without a left hand...wench) and he eventually took off! Amazing when they start talking...now he is ten and is never silent!