Thursday, February 25, 2010

Letter to Main Man Maxwell


Hey Pal.

Another month has passed and you are growing up right before our very eyes. It is INSANE to realize how tiny you were just three short years ago. You are learning words and starting to talk more and more and I have to keep reminding myself that you are almost FOUR.

You are old enough to play soccer this summer, old enough to be learning to skate, to be riding a bike, to be doing all kinds of things that assert your independence and I don't think I am ready to let go. I am most upset that you are big enough now to open all the baby gates in the house and let yourself and your younger brother out of (and into) things you should not be! This letting go thing is going to be a challenge for me.

I am so happy that you still want to spend time sitting in my lap, but we really need to renegotiate your desire to be carried. Your feet keep getting tangled between my knees and we are going to have a WICKED accident sooner or later.

I love you desperately.

Rest your head close to my heart, never to part, baby of mine.


Mama

No comments: