Saturday, October 4, 2008

city

I had to come to the city for work. I tried to get out of it. I really tried. While I don't mind being in the city, in fact I love visiting the city, however, the reason we needed to be here in my opinion was not necessary. I am feeling sick AND I had class this weekend. For me missing class is a big deal. I miss an incredible amount when I miss two classes. We only meet five times totally, and so missing one whole session can really impact me.

One thing I LOVE about coming into the city is getting to see my family. Yesterday I went across to the mall and met my brother for lunch. He is so cute and I love spending time with him. Tonight after we were done I was able to drive out to his house and see his wife and kids. I love my niece and nephew. I took them each a t-shirt which they put on immediately. I was actually surprised that I got the sizes right! My nephew put on his tae kwon do Gi for me to see him in and then took me into his room and "read" me a book. He is so smart, he has basically memorised the book and all he has to do is look at the pictures on the next page and he knows what comes next. My niece showed me her room and she let me help her put her pants on, push her on her bike, and read the notes her mom wrote for them this morning (over and over and over again -LOL!) We didn't have a lot of time to visit, we had supper and played outside for a few minutes so I love it that even my little niece did not "play strange" with me. They have piles of leaves in the yard which we buried ourselves in and I watched them ride their bikes.

I hate living so far from them because I love being a part of their lives and we only see them once a year - if we are lucky. At least we now live in the same province, so they do know who we are. Next summer we are planning on going to the lake with them for four days (renting cabins). It will be the first time that we have rented a cabin ever, and the first time we have taken a joint vacation. I am certain it will be a success and I hope it becomes a tradition for us. It was great to see them, but I am very excited to get home and see MY boys.

No comments: