Monday, November 16, 2009

still procrastinatng school work

I am still procrastinating doing my thesis - which means I am still going to the library and checking out books. I just started to read "The Time Traveller's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger (how do you get a cool name like THAT?!) and I am LOVING it. I heard some mixed reviews about the movie but I have been "kinda" interested in the book for a while. I was hooked as soon as I opened the front cover and read the poem "Love after Love" by Derek Walcott.

The time will come
when, with elation,
you will greet yourself arriving
at your own door, in your own mirror,
and each will smile at the other's welcome,

and say, sit here. Eat
You will love again the stranger who was your self.
Give wine. Give bread. Give back your heart
to itself, to the stranger who has loved you

all your life, whom you ignored
for another, who knows you by heart.
Take down the love letters from the bookshelf,

the photographs, the desperate notes,
peel your own image from the mirror.
Sit. Feast on your life.

1 comment:

Judd Corizan said...

Hi-

I want to thank you for playing Sunday Stealing. We are excited to announce our new Friday meme, The Dating Profiles Meme (datingprofilememe.blogspot.com), and I'm inviting you to give it a shot. Every Friday we will find 10 of the strangest, lamest profile quotes from sites like Match.com or Yahoo Personals. We will choose gender neutral statements. This meme will ask you to give an honest reply or quip to the statement. Married or single, we know you'll enjoy it!

And whether you join us this Friday or not, thanks for playing with us Sundays.

Cheers!

Judd