Wednesday, November 11, 2009

disagree with me

My spouse disagrees with me that the killings at Fort Hood were an Act of Terror. We haven't really had a chance to talk about it, but disagreeing on things like this is not new to us. We have different opinions on a few things - like the death penalty.
I am looking forward to talking to her more about it to see what her perspective is. It's difficult to find someone whose opinion differs and who you can talk to about it openly. People are so very invested in their opinions that conversations can get quite heated quite quickly. Don't get me wrong, we have some pretty heated discussions ourselves, but I always enjoy hearing her perspective. When we got together (over 13 years ago now) we came up with a solution to relationship conflicts that has worked for us to this day. We just agree that I know everything and she is always right.

No comments: