Wednesday, November 19, 2008

November 19th

Today was one of those days that looks like it will just be another one to blend into the daily drag, but it turned out to be a great one!

I should have taken a hint this morning when I headed out early to work and the sun was just coming up and the sky was beautiful. I came back inside to tell SU to look at it, but I didn't think it was the mark of a great day since the only reason i saw it was because I was going to work early!

Then, I came home from work early because my spousal unit is STILL sick after almost two weeks of being quite ill. She was puking again today and she has no voice at all. She called to ask me to come home and I could barely decipher what she was saying. Having no voice seems to be more of a detriment to parenting than puking because without a voice we have a two year old who thinks he rules the world and a four month old who cries every time the spousal unit squeaks at him!

I came home from work and the baby was sleeping. This gave me some excellent playing time with Maximus. He was having a decent day and we laughed and played and giggled until it was time for me to take the baby to the doc for a follow up visit. I took the baby into town and Max went down for a nap. At one point he was sitting on me and squishing my head. I said "Bud, You are squishing my head and my nose". My SU said " Maxie, you need to get off mom's head and nose. She needs them for work." For some reason it struck my funny bone and I couldn't stop laughing. I need them for work! Of course when we laugh, Max laughs right along.

The baby slept all the way into town and all the way home...not at ALL like another little boy I know.

When I got home, Max was waking up from his nap. I went to pick him up and I could tell he hadn't slept long enough and was too grumpy. We came downstairs and I climbed into bed with him next to me and turned on " In The Night Garden". It is the only show that he is remotely interested in and sometimes stays still for. he lay next to me, snuggled into me, playing with my fingers and we watched the whole show together. That's 30 minutes. 30 minutes is the longest he has EVER laid still next to me, in fact we have never once done this before because he is always moving around so much. Earlier this afternoon I was discussing with a friend how he and the baby are SO different because he has never "chilled" one moment in his whole life, and the baby is just mellow and happy. Then, only a few hours later, the dude is laying with me, snuggling. It was a wonderful moment. Sometimes his gentle nature just comes shining through.

When the SU got back from running the dogs, she made dinner with Max in the kitchen while I held the baby. I fed him a bottle and he fell asleep on my chest. I sat in the chair, just holding him while he slept and it was fantastic.

This day seemed to be so "ordinary", in fact, parts of it were less than thrilling, but then all these little things happened along the way to make it one of the best days I have had in ages.

Max and I ate supper together, we bathed and got Max to bed, then I came and turned on the computer so I could check facebook and blog real fast. When the computer came on there was a reminder that today is our wedding anniversary. I asked my SU if she knew what day it was and she hadn't remembered either - which was totally funny. Then once we knew it was the DAY of our marriage it took another fifteen minute conversation to figure out how many years ago we were married! ( It is five) It's a pretty decent story, which I will blog about tomorrow, but I thought how crazy that I would have such a good day and it turn out to be my wedding anniversary.

Now I have blogged, Some stuff is worked out for work tomorrow, A visit we didn't want to happen has been cancelled and WE didn't do it!, I have taken the dogs out, It is my night to sleep and I hung out with the baby and laughed with him. I am going to bed FAST while this day is still so good.

1 comment:

Ranavan said...

Sounds like a perfect day :)

Happy anniversary you two!!!!