Monday, November 10, 2008

mornings

I am not a morning person by any stretch of the imagination. My mother is very good at early mornings, actually I think probably everyone in the world is better at them than I am.
My mom can get more things done before I am even awake than I can dream of, and I can sleep through it all.
I don't like to get up. I don't like to eat breakfast. I don't like to go to bed early.
I have had - for the most part- a lifetime of jobs that do not require me to work in the morning. The ONE thing I like about coming to work early is leaving work early so I can go home and have an afternoon nap!
Last night I had to work and when I got home from work my whole entire family was sick. This time around I will NOT get ill, that is my mantra. I had to come to work today for a few hours to get some things done before I could go home and care for my family with a clear conscience. When my opening staff called last night to say she was not able to come in I thought it was perfect for me to be in at 6:30 am, get my stuff done and get out of here early.
Remind me never to do that again.
Did I mention I HATE mornings? It will take me a while to recover from the 5:30 am awake-up.
The time is almost 7:30 and I have a "behind the eye" headache already started. These bad boys bust into migraines if I am not careful. I know I won't be going home and crawling into bed because the whole damn family is sick. Last night my spousal unit was puking. My boy can hardly breathe around his soother. I'm going home to look after sickies. I hope they all want to sleep for a LONG time.

No comments: