Monday, May 12, 2008

this week

It is amazing to me how quickly the last week has flown by. We travelled over 6 hours to pick up my mom from my brothers house. She is only with us for two weeks and one week is almost over already.
We were dreading the trip because Max has never been a good traveller, not since the day he was born, and this was going to be the longet trip we had undertaken with him. As it happens, he was EXCELLENT in the vehicle and it was a great trip.
Once we were there we drove a LOT to do some shopping and take advantage of being in a location where we had access to stores and to IKEA!! (WOO HOO for IKEA!)
Staying with my brother and his wife and kids in their new house was a delight as always. Max loved his cousins and followed them everywhere. My brother also has a fairly young puppy who Max was captivated by - I found this very interesting since we have three dogs. I guess none of them is exactly the same age and personality as my brothers dog, but they played and he laughed and they played and he laughed and it was a lot of fun to watch the interaction.
On the way home we made some stops along the way. One of the places we stopped at was a bird sanctuary which my spousal unit has had on her list of places to go for quite some time now. I think we were a touch too early in the season to fully enjoy all they have to offer and I am certain we will make a return trip at some point.
We have taken a load of pictures which I need to upload, and now that I am back home and back at work I will try to blog some more.

No comments: