Friday, January 25, 2013

100 question meme


  1. Are you young at heart, or an old soul? I think I am young at heart.
  2. What makes someone a best friend? Someone who sticks with you through thick and thin, no matter what. Someone you can laugh with.
  3. What Christmas (or Hanukkah) present do you remember the most? I remember getting a bike from my grandparents when I was a kid because my uncle told me I was getting it before Christmas and I told my nana I knew what I was getting and my uncle got into trouble.
  4. Tell me about a movie/song/TV show/play/book that has changed your life. I would have to say the song that I listened to a lot WHEN my life was changing was Ghost by the Indigo Girls. It didn't exactly change my life but it gave voice to the things I was feeling at the time.
  5. Name one physical feature that you like about yourself, and one you dislike. I like my height. I hate my weight.
  6. Would you like to reconnect with any friends you've lost contact with? I think there are three I would like to reconnect. Laurie-Beth, Linda J. and Homa.
  7. What's more important in a relationship: physical attraction or emotional connection? Emotional connection.
  8. Name a movie that you knew would be terrible just from reading the title. Snakes on a Plane. Never even watched it.
  9. What holiday do you most look forward to? Easter. It means winter is over.
  10. How is the relationship between you and your parents? I have an amazing relationship with my mother and a questionable one with my father  - his choice. 
  11. You've got the TV on, but you're not really watching. What channel is the TV on? HGTV or Disney junior.
  12. Name a song that never fails to make you happy. I LOVE music. There are a lot of songs that make me happy. I am struggling to come up with just one. Men and Work, Land Down Under - How could a song with vegemite sandwiches could NOT make me smile?
  13. You know at least one person named Michael. Tell me about him.  The kids caseworker. We didn't really hit it off well at the very beginning, he wouldn't take his sunglasses off to talk to us. I know a lot of "douchy" Michael's.
  14. Have you ever read the "Missed Connections" on Craigslist? Have you ever posted one, or wanted to? I don't think I I have ever been on Craigslist because it isn't that popular up here where we live, but I will obviously have to check it out now. 
  15. If you could pick anywhere to live the rest of your life, where would it be? I am tired of the cold. I would have to go somewhere warm. I used to want to live in Seattle again, but even that isn't warm enough for me. 
  16. Can money buy happiness? I'd like to have some to try it out. 
  17. Do you drink? Smoke? Do drugs? Why, or why not? I don't drink, but have had a drink on RARE occasion (less than once a year). I smoke sometimes at work and I shouldn't. I have never done drugs. I was raised not doing any of them and some of my upbringing stuck with me.
  18. Is there anyone close to you that you know you can't trust? You don't have to give names. Yes.
  19. Where was your favorite place to go when you were a little kid? The library. The place was absolute magic to me. Or maybe my grandma and grandpa's house.
  20. Have you ever spent a night in the hospital? Yes. I don't like staying in hospitals.
  21. Do you enjoy being with only one or two friends, or with a large group of people? I prefer a small group of close friends. 
  22. Do you like the type of music your parents listen to? Do your parents like the type of music you listen to? I think I like the music they listened to but I don't know if they even know the music I listen to. 
  23. Have you ever been bullied? Have you ever bullied anyone else? I have both been bullied and bullied someone else.
  24. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Pasta.
  25. If your partner wanted to wait until marriage before having sex, would you stay in that relationship? Probably?
  26. Do you believe in a god? I think in a very abstract way. I was raised extremely religious and I am just not certain what I think anymore. I am teaching my sons about Heaven though.
  27. Of all the social networks in the world, why use Twitter? I don't really use it that much. just hasn't caught on with me.
  28. What's your favorite hashtag to track? I don't track any.
  29. Would you call yourself/your family "middle class?" Yes.
  30. Name a TV series you didn't enjoy until after it ended. I didn't watch 24 until it was already a  few seasons in. Shel and I bought disk sets and we watched them back to back and really enjoyed what we saw. I've never watched Sex and the City but I think I would be interested to see it.
  31. Have you ever bought a product from an infomercial? I think I have but I don't remember what it was.
  32. If you could give up your car and never have to drive again, would you? This would not be possible living in Northern Canada. If it were possible I would consider it.
  33. If you go back to one point in time to give advice to yourself, when would you go and what would you say? I would go back to myself when I was taking my master program and say "TAKE THE FINAL AND DO NOT WRITE A THESIS."
  34. What's your "quirkiest" habit? I don't care if my socks match.
  35. What is "normal?" Are you normal? Because I am a woman, only speak English and gay I would have to say I am in a minority of the population, so no.
  36. Someone close to you is dying. You have the choice to let this person live for 10 more years, but if you do, you cause the death of 10 strangers. You don't have to see them die. Do you take the offer? No.
  37. What is one thing you could never forgive? I think I may never forgive my dad for some of the choices he has made. I don't know.
  38. Would you rather be in a relationship after the honeymoon period ends, or be single? In a relationship after the honeymoon period ends.
  39. Is it possible for guys and girls to be just friends? Yes.
  40. Where do you and your friends go to hang out? We don't. I live too far away from my friends.
  41. Write the first sentence of your obituary. 
  42. What is the best TV theme song ever? Wow. Maybe the Muppet show? Gilligans Island?
  43. When you were young, what would you dream you would be when you grew up? I thought I would be a teacher or a librarian. When I was young I didn't think I would live to be the age I am now.
  44. When you're alone in your own home, do you walk around naked? yup.
  45. What gets you out of bed in the morning? my kids.
  46. Do you want to have more friends than you have right now? I like the number of friends I have now. I just wish we lived closer together.
  47. What part of the past year sticks out in your mind? Getting a tattoo. Seriously, I love it more than I ever thought possible, and can't wait to get another one.
  48. You win a scratch-off lottery game that gives you $2000 a week (after taxes) for the rest of your life. Do you keep your job? For a while I would keep my job yeah.
  49. Could you be in a long-distance relationship? If you're in one, what makes yours work? I would prefer not to be.
  50. What's the best route to your heart? I will ask my spouse and tell you the answer to this question.
  51. Have you ever met someone through the internet, then met them in real life? Absolutely. Several times. It's the best part of the internet.
  52. What is your favorite sport? Soccer
  53. What has been troubling you lately? Too many things to mention.
  54. Did you enjoy your high school prom? If you haven't gotten there yet, do you look forward to it? If you didn't go, why not? I didn't really. I had no date so I took a friend from another town. We weren't close enough friends for me to enjoy the time we spent together. It was awkward. I did win a bike at the prom after party and that was a real highlight.
  55. What do you use more often: your intuition or logical reasoning? Logical reasoning.
  56. Do you know what makes you happy? I really don't. My friends and family, certainly... but I can't think of any overreaching "thing" that will ultimately make me happy.
  57. Tell me about the last book you read. I just finished a book by Janet Evanovich that I read in one day. I like her books for the humour.
  58. What is the nicest compliment you've ever been given? When my sons say "You are a good boy momma" that is the best thing in the world.
  59. Who was your first crush? Simon Taylor.
  60. Do you believe that there is life on other planets? Yes.
  61. Predict what your life will look like a year from now. Probably much the same. That wouldn't be a terrible thing.
  62. Often, people will ask how your last relationship ended. I want to know how it began. We were both serving missions for the Mormon church in the same Mission is how we met. How we began our relationship is murky and I wont share that here.
  63. Where is your favorite place to go out and eat? There is NO place in my town where I like to go out and eat. NONE.
  64. What is something you want to change about your current situation? Our house needs a new roof and we need a tractor.
  65. Early bird or night owl? Night owl.
  66. Are there any childhood possessions you still hold on to? Yeah. I'll have to go see what they are.
  67. Give me an unpopular opinion you have. I believe in the death penalty but I also believe that guns should be registered. I think Fracking is destroying the environment. I think the Oil Sands are Evil. I have a number of unpopular opinions apparently!
  68. What was the last song that was stuck in your head? P!nks "Just Give Me A Reason feat. Nate Ruess"
  69. Where do you live? Be as general or specific as you want. I live in my home.
  70. Do you believe in giving kids medals and trophies for participation? I think kids should get a certificate or something for participating, not a medal or a trophy.
  71. What was the longest car ride you've ever taken? I have driven from Sydney, Nova Scotia to Washington DC. From Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, to Provo, Utah. From Odgen, Utah, to Fairview, Alberta. I think the last one might be the longest.
  72. Have you ever taken part in a protest? No but I would like to.
  73. Would you ever use an online dating service? I used an online dating service to find sperm donors. I wouldn't use one to find a date.
  74. What is your ethnic heritage? Irish, English, Afrikaans.
  75. Describe a person that inspires you. My mom is inspiring. She is a hard worker and extremely charitable.
  76. If you earn minimum wage doing what you love, would you? I don't think there is anything I love enough to do it for minimum wage.
  77. Do you believe in luck? Sometimes.
  78. Describe the last time you were very angry at someone. I was angry this weekend, but what I REALLY was was overwhelmed at the situation and I acted in anger. This is less effective.
  79. Do you want to live until you're 100? no
  80. Do people change? If so, how do you keep a relationship together when both of you start to change? Yes I believe people change. I HOPE they change! Keep a relationship together by keeping similar goals.
  81. Have you ever risked a friendship by telling someone you liked them? No, but I risked a friendship by asking my best friend for his sperm. He said no. I'm still sad about it, but the friendship didn't suffer for the question.
  82. Would you rather be alone doing something you enjoy, or doing something you don't like with your best friends? I don't really get any alone time, but my friends live so far away if I could be doing something I don't like but be with them it would be cool.
  83. Do you practice what you preach? Not always. But boy do I ever try.
  84. If you take precautions to stay safe, do you ultimately act more recklessly? I don't know. Maybe?
  85. What do you value more in a significant other: Attractiveness or intelligence? Intelligence.
  86. Are you hard-headed? Some might say that I am, but I really try not to be.
  87. Have you ever laughed uncontrollably when it was socially inappropriate? Yes.
  88. When have you felt most alive? laughing with my kids.
  89. Would you prefer to live? A city? The suburbs? The countryside? The mountains? The city... if it was the right city.
  90. Do you often skip breakfast? daily. 
  91. How do you know what true love is? You feel it.
  92. Would you want to know the exact date and time you were going to die? No
  93. Where is "home" for you? Zimbabwe.
  94. What song best describes your life right now? The Puking song by the Dead Milkmen.
  95. Do you want to be perfect? I would like to be closer to perfect than I am now. I would like to be a perfect partner and a perfect mother.
  96. What have you never tried, but would really like to someday? What's holding you back? I cant think of anything off the top of my head. 
  97. How do you express your creativity? Drawing, singing, playing with my kids.
  98. Describe your neighbourhood. Rural. 
  99. Name something you only liked because it was popular. Isn't that why we like everything we like? We are programmed to think things are great so we like them.
  100. Give me the story of your life in six words. Listening. Learning. Trying. Traveling. Doing. Growing.

No comments: