Thursday, May 3, 2012

55 quirky questions for readers part 3

23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did):

Probably more autobiographies. They take me longer to get through though and aren't always an "escape" which is my primary motivation for reading.

24. Favourite Biography:

I don't think I have one. I can't think of one I have read to be honest.


25. Have you ever read a self-help book?

I'm sure I have at some point. I don't know when or what it was though.

26. Favourite Cookbook:

Baking

27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction):

Remarkable Creatures by Tracy Chevalier


28. Favourite reading snack:

 Nacho chips, but they make my fingers orange which marks the book pages and I don't like that too much.

29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience:

Probably book 3 of the Hunger Games. To be honest I still can't decide if I even liked the book or not. The hype messed with my head!


30. How often do you agree with the critics about about a book?
I RARELY read what a critic has to say about a book. If it is a book or series that gets a lot of hype I try not to be affected, which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I don't usually go so far as to determine it I agree with critics or not.  .

31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
I wish I were a better reviewer than I am. I have no problem posting on my goodreads account when I don't like a book and I will often tell people when I dislike a book.


32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you choose?
Farsi, or French.

33. Most intimidating book I’ve read :
Atlas Shrugged. I was intimidated by it until I started to read it, then I loved it.
34. Most intimidating book I’m too nervous to begin:

War and Peace.


35. Favourite Poet:

Elizabeth Barrett Browning or Carol Lynn Pearson

36. How many books do you usually have checked out from the library at any given time?

Between ten and fifteen

37. How often do you return books to the library unread?

Never.


1 comment:

Ranavan said...

Between 10 and 15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you never return them unread!!!

You are my hero!

I go through reading phases...as in I read for like 2 months and then take 2 months off....