Saturday, May 5, 2012
55 Quirky questions for readers. LAST INSTALLATION!
38. Favourite fictional character:
Probably Severus Snape. Dang that was a good character. To be honest I like a lot of fictional characters, so this was a difficult choice for me.
Saucepan Man from the Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton.
I liked Hickory and Dickory from John Scalzi's Old Man's War series, Alvin Maker from Orson Scott Cards books, Atticus Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird and Sarah Prine in These is my Words.
I could go on and on about Characters that I like - because it is the character that makes the book for me!
39. Favourite fictional villain:
40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation:
Probably a paperback that I don't mind losing? My dream is to get an e-reader and take an e-reader with me when I travel so that I can have as many books as I want with me. I would like to take a lot of books on a vacation, but the bulk oft hem alone would stop me.
41. The longest I’ve gone without reading:
I don't go long without reading. The longest I go without reading fiction is when I am in school but even then I am still reading something. I don't think I have gone a week without reading since I could read.
42. Name a book you could/would not finish:
There have been a few of these, but I can't think of one right now. I wish I COULD stop reading a book I was not interested in, but I that's my reading bad habit - reading books I don't like just because I started them.
43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
If I am interested in a book it sometimes seems as though nothing at all can distract me. Now that I have kids I try to read at bedtime so that when the boys are up they get the attention they demand!
44. Favourite film adaptation of a novel:
Like I said, I don't really like film adaptations. Maybe Horton Hears a Who?
45. Most disappointing film adaptation:
I Dreamed of Africa by Kuki Gallman. I LOVED this book so much and was thrilled to see it was made into a movie. I was extremely disappointed, but I have to say honestly I have never seen a movie that I can say I like if I have already read the book. Another big disappointment for me has been both adaptations of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
46. Most money I’ve ever spent in a bookstore at one time:
I can honestly say I have spent hundreds of dollars in a bookstore. In my "pre-parenting" life it was where I spent all my "extra" cash.
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
I don't skim books. I usually check out the book jacket and that's all.
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book halfway through?
If I absolutely could not stand it or if I just couldn't get into it.
49. Do you like to keep your books organized?
My DREAM is to have my books organised. Shoot, my dream is just to have enough bookshelves to have all my books out of boxes!
50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once they’ve been read?
If I REALLY like a book I want to keep it. If it's not one I will read again (I don't read many books more than once) then I have no problem given them away. I would prefer to give them to someone who will read them and I would LOVE if there was any kind of book exchange where we live, but there isn't.
51. Are there any books that you’ve been avoiding?
Not that I can think of.
52. Name a book that made you angry:
Probably something like " A child Called "it" but I don't specifically remember getting angry about anything I've read recently.
53. A book I didn’t expect to like but did:
54. A book I expected to like but didn’t:
Some of Patricia Cornwall's most recent books have been disappointing to me. I like most of her novels and expect to like all of them, but the last few have been duds in my opinion.
55. Favourite pleasure reading:
Reading IS my pleasure, so if I'm reading, I'm happy.