Wednesday, May 2, 2012

55 Quirky questions for readers Part two.

This questionnaire was put together by Lydia over at the Literary Lollipop, and then filled out by Robbie at Pink Sheep Cafe.

12 .What is your reading comfort zone? Mystery. I have recently started to read Fantasy and find that it is mostly what I read now.
13. Can you read on the bus? Oh hell to the no. Just thinking about it makes me feel motion sick. I would barf for days.

14. Favourite place to read: Pretty much the ONLY place I read right now is in bed. I used to read everywhere in the house but it is not safe to leave books around with the two little ones. I keep my books by my bed and read when the boys are asleep.

15. What’s your policy on book lending? I have no problem with lending books I don't think. I haven't really done it much. I would prefer to loan a book to someone who is going to read it because I have leant books to people who don't care to read them in which case I would rather just have it back. I am not offended if someone doesnt want to read because I know I read a LOT and value it lots more than people around me. I also know I read a lot faster than other people. I would prefer to give a book away than to lend it I guess. I like to pass books on.

16. Do you dogear your books? I used to but not so much anymore. I like to use a bookmark but I can never seem to keep one. Now I tend to fold the whole page in half so it doesnt leave a crease mark. I have found some cool bookmarks on pinterest I plan on making.

17. Do you write notes in the margins of your books? I absolutely write in textbooks, but not in novels.

18. Do you break/crack the spine of your books? I don't but my spouse does. She says I read a book and when I am finished you can't tell it has been opened. You can sure tell she has read a book though!

19. What is your favourite language to read? I have never tried to read a book in any language other than English. I doubt I would get much out of a book in any other language since I don't know any. I do understand pig latin but to my knowledge no book has ever been printed in pig latin.

20. What makes you love a book?
Characters. If I like a character I will almost read anything with them in it.

21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
Recommending books actually makes me a bit nervous. I have reccomended books in the past and had people completely HATE them. I am more likely to tell someone NOT to read a book than tell them TO read a book.

22. Favourite genre: I used to think it was mystery, but now I would have to say fantasy.

No comments: