Sunday, September 19, 2010

1534 km later....

Class was over on Saturday afternoon. I thought I would leave immediately and drive to Kamloops but I was tired. I went back to the motel and crashed. I got up Sunday morning and headed out. It rained and rained and RAINED. It was wild!



Of course there was construction.



The clouds were low and much of the time it was as if I was driving in a rain cloud. When it started to clear it was quite beautiful. Shel would be proud of me - I pulled over to the side of the road to take a photo! I didn't go to the bathroom though, and that proved to be a bit of an issue a bit later!


The further south I drove the more the terrain started to look like Southern Idaho/Northern Utah. It made me laugh. Certainly there are differences, but it was weird how it reminded me of "home" - the home we left 8 years ago.
I arrived in Kamloops and checked into the motel. I am unaccustomed to the sounds of the city. I thought there was a lot of sirens until I realized I was right across from the hospital! Since I set out on my trip on Friday morning I have travelled 1534 km. I am tired. I am ready to see my family. I am excited for the next few days to explore the city. My emotions are running amok.

1 comment:

Teena in Toronto said...

That's a lotta driving!

Construction sucks :(