Friday, June 18, 2010

projects day five

I think I made up today for all the things I didn't get done yesterday. Shel and I had a meeting in town to go over concurrent plans for the boys. We HOPE that this is the last time we will be meeting to do these - the adoptions should be complete next month. (But we have been told that before so we are not holding our breath.)

We stopped by the vision center and picked up new glasses for Shel. We ordered two pairs and one pair had arrived. Just after we got home the plumber called to say he could come out and install the dishwasher if we were home so of course we jumped at the chance to get that done today. (Another project completed by someone else!)

While the plumber was here I figured it was a good time to start working on some projects for today. I couldn't face two days without accomplishing something on my time off!

1. I brought the new dishwasher in and unloaded it to get it ready for the plumber.
2. I had a burn pile for the garbage.
3. I raked up all the small twigs from the trees cut yesterday and burned them.
4. I brought the window A/C unit out of the Quonset ready for the kitchen.
5. I put the shell from tinkey winkey into the Quonset.
6. I took the old dishwasher out to the pile ready to take to the dump.

YAY! It feels good to be getting so much done. It just feels like the list of things to "get done" grows exponentially.

The boys are now in bed, the PVR is programmed for soccer tomorrow, and the dishwasher is almost ready to be unloaded! I am ready to grab a book and head to bed.

2 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

Isn't it great when you can cross things off your list?

JCB said...

There is nothing in this world that I love more than crossing things off my list.