Friday, June 17, 2011

Masterchef - and smelling food

One of the judges on the television show is Chef Joe Bastianich.
Prior to this show airing I had no idea who he was and so my entire opinion of him has been based on a few hours of television viewing and editing.
One of the things he does on the show ( I can't find an image of it to share with you) is smell EVERYTHING before eating it. I have never really noticed anyone else doing this in the way he does. Not a lot of people smell their food before consuming it.
This has had me thinking. I had never really thought of smelling everything "I" ate, though it makes sense. I have on RARE occasion put something into my mouth that has been bad and had I smelled it before hand I would not have had the experience.  One time in particular I opened a box of chocolate milk and drank from the carton and the milk was bad. NASTY NASTY NASTY.
So I decided to do it.
And I did it.
And I have to give one SMALL recommendation to anyone who decides to try this.
The time to decide to start smelling your food before consuming it should NOT be, I repeat, NOT BE, when you buy a hot dog from the drive through window of Dairy Queen.

1 comment:

Teena in Toronto said...

I just watched the "Masterchef" is missed earlier this week. Joe is a hoot ... he's so mean! Ha!