Friday, June 24, 2011

I think it's gonna rain today

It has been raining here for a few weeks. Literally. The forecast is for more rain for this weekend and next week.I don't remember rain like this, all day, all night. for days and days on end. In fact, there is a rainfall warning for us here today and tonight.
I don't mind it at all - except for the mosquitoes. I do need to mow the lawn which is growing and growing and may take a few weeks to dry out once the rain stops.
The temperature is still warm and it cools nicely at night and I know the crops need it. I just hope it doesn't rain so much that it floods everything and the farmers lose their crops.
I like rain.
The boys love the puddles and they spend a lot of time outside which means we have a lot of laundry to do and there is always mud on the floor tracked in by the dogs and the kids. Shel has them outside right now playing with water pistols. They are having a blast.
I do hope sunny days eventually arrive, but for now I am happy with the rain.

1 comment:

Teena in Toronto said...

Rain, rain, go away ... Julie and her fam wanna play!