Monday, April 18, 2011

My boys growing up

It is so hard for me to see my boys growing. They are SO big now. This year they will be THREE and FIVE already.

I love each phase of their lives and I love the phase we are entering, but I have this ache in my arms where not even three years ago I held my 4 pound baby boy just home from the hospital.

Last night my baby got a toddler bed. I took down the crib and took it out of the house. We have had a crib in our house for over five years now, so this is the first time we have been "crib-less" in a long, long time.
Max the ever helpful son was there with me as I took the crib apart, he helped me to carry it downstairs and he was all kinds of eager to carry the toddler bed box up to the room. He was moving a little fast for me so I said to him " Max, Can I  get a drink of water before we take that upstairs?" He replied," Yes, you can ABSOLUTELY get a drink of water!" I almost spit the water right out of my mouth. Where does he come up with these things?

After my drink, Max helped me to carry the bed box upstairs and put the bed  together. CJ was outside and not interested at all in being lured inside. I am sure he thought it was a trick.

When he did finally see his bed, he was SOOO happy about it he asked if he could go to bed! We said it was no problem and we put him to bed. He got out and came into our room a few times but then he just went and climbed into bed and went to sleep. Shel and I looked at each other and we commented on how we just love him and his personality. Max NEVER went to bed and stayed there - he STILL doesn't go to bed and stay there. They are growing so fast I can't believe how the time is flying. It's hard to capture every moment the way we did when they were babies.

No comments: