So today I am going to post Thirteen things about my brother...
1. Here is a link to the newspaper article about my brother and what he did this week. Way to go Just!
3. My brother is a good friend.
When we were growing up we moved around a lot - from continent to continent. Lots of times it was just "us" and we had to rely on one another for friendship.
5. He is safety conscious - which I suppose is one reason that he was so quick to respond when people were in need.
6. He has a wicked sense of humor.
10. How did I get to number 10 without mentioning how CUTE he is! (and always has been)...
11. He is smart.
He finished at the top of his class when he was going to school to become a journeyman and he is getting ready to go back to get another ticket.
12. He is a great singer. If only I had an audio recording of his falsetto when we sing "The Lion Sleeps Tonight." You would ALL be impressed. No word of a lie.
13. He is just a "good guy".
I wish everyone had the opportunity to know him, but to be honest he is shy and probably more reclusive than even I am. When we heard what he had done to save the people in Jasper, it was not a surprise at all - he is "that kind" of a guy.
In my adult "life" I was able to spend some months living with him and his wife. It was a wonderful opportunity for me to reacquaint myself with him and to meet his wife and forge a lasting friendship. One night I was working and there was an incident at work which kept me late into the night. All of a sudden there is - he and his wife came to make sure I was ok - they knew I should have been home and I wasn't so they came out (late at night) to check and make sure everything was ok. They loaded up my bike and drove me home. We have laughed together, we have cried together, we have even disagreed with one another!, but through it all he has been a wonderful friend and brother.
I love him.