Tuesday, April 27, 2010

this whole adoption "thing"

One of the reasons I wanted to blog was to write about the process of adoption and the journey for our family.
What I learned rapidly was that we have pretty much given up a whole lot of control and that blogging as we go through the process is not something we are able to do for all different legal reasons. I cannot WAIT until the journey has come to a close and I can speak freely about what we have gone through. Yesterday we heard (again) that we may be complete in 2-6 months on one (or both) of the adoptions. It seems like we have been hearing that since March of 2007. Lets hope this time it is true and we can get on with our lives!

5 comments:

Ranavan said...

Ugh!!! Enough - they have been with you as a family from the start...why can't they just make it official already.

Thinking of you

Teena in Toronto said...

Why is it taking so long?!

Retro Girl said...

Being an adoptive mom myself, I know the process can seem like a million years long, and ,an overwhelming snow storm of legalities, paperwork and red tape. My heart goes out to you as you wait. *hug* It's all worth it in the end...be sure to give yourself a break from it all once in awhile...

The Bumbles said...

I admire your desire. Don't give in.

Mickey Blumental said...

I was in the same situation regarding our surrogacy. It's just not something you can splatter on your blog in full detail for so many reasons.

I just like reading small little anecdotes and seeing pictures and videos that share the joy with the world. I like your blog just the way it is and wish you a speedy adoption process.