Friday, January 1, 2010

starting out the new year with clean hair...

2010.. Wow.


I can't say I am sad at all to see the end of 2009. What a rough year that was.

I started out the new year with a shower - this is significant because we have had a house FULL of people for a week and with only one bathroom in the house I don't feel as though I saw much of it.

We had a wonderful break with my brother and his family joining us from out of town. It was awesome to have the week off from work and I don't think there is anything better than spending the holidays with family - especially LITTLE kids at Christmas.

If I had to sum it up in one word I would say 'LOUD'! We had five kids in the house - all under the age of four, and then we added a two year old and a six year old for two days. We ate a LOT of food - do you know how many loaves of bread it takes to make 13 people sandwiches for lunch?!

I got an awesome little video camera at Christmas and I need to upload some more videos so you can get a better idea of what the whole fiasco was like. I wouldn't trade it for the world (my family and the noise, not the video camera!) - I just wish more of the kids slept at the same time and for longer periods of time. My nephew fell asleep at the dinner table one night which was very cute, but I needed to eat more than I needed to sleep. Of course when it was time for bed he had just woken up from a nice little nap and he was rearing to go again.

But now they are all gone. I have had a shower and something to eat without sharing it seven different ways. It sure feels good to be clean, but I am sad and missing my loved ones.

No comments: