Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Book: Biting the Moon

This book is by Martha Grimes and is titled "Biting the moon". I have had a real hard time reading this last month and this is just the second book I have picked up since "starting" to read again. I was captivated by the premise of the book, a girl wakes up in a bed and breakfast with amnesia and only has a feeling that something is terribly wrong. She takes off and basically survives out in the woods, living in unused cabins etc. Unfortunately for me there was no plot development along this line. She didn't seem as interested in finding out who she was as she was interested in saving animals who were being trapped or used in canned hunts. It would have been ok if it had somehow tied into who she was, but that part of the plot seemed to be ignored as the book went on.
I do like to read so I can "lose" myself in the story and this one had potential for me, but this story had gaps too big to overlook. There is a sequel to this book and I'm going to check it out of the library to see if the story develops any more.

1 comment:

Byrning Bunny said...

ahem, gratuitous violence and gore?

I'm being paged!