Friday, June 15, 2012

outside my window - JUNE

Outside my window... it is overcast AGAIN and looks like this afternoon it will rain. I am ready for some sunny days.

I am thankful for... The time this last week I was able to spend with my mom. We had fun as we always do and we got a lot of things done on our list. I miss her already.


From the kitchen... While mom was here we made a lot of things. Chicken pasties for me to freeze so I can bring them for lunches at work, samosas, vinegar pudding, a dessert in the dutch oven. We cooked a LOT!
I am wearing... my birkenstocks ! I need to paint my toenails and get new birks as these ones are on their last legs, but I will wear them until I cannot wear them any longer. I LOVE summer and my birkenstocks!
I am creating...some thank-you gifts for school teachers, classroom aides and the bus driver. Max has two more days of school and then is off for the summer.

I am reading... The Keeper of Lost Causes by Jussi Adler-Olsen
I am hoping... to fix some broken windows in the barn.
I am hearing... Hedley - Kiss You Inside Out.
Around the house... my mom has come and gone and Shel's mom is here for the rest of the summer. The boys love the company and the house will be quiet come September!
One of my favorite things... spending time with my mom.

Here is a picture I am sharing...  Mom and Max watering the flowers we just planted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie! Love your blog. My name is Andy Vallentine and I work at MOMPulse, a new Vlogging community on YouTube. I couldn't find your email, and would love to talk to you about joining MomPulse.

My email is andrewv@fullscreen.net

Looking forward to speaking with you.

Andy

Teena in Toronto said...

I hope the flowers grow so they will be a reminder of good times :)