Friday, May 28, 2010

meme: day four

Today I must share with you my favorite book. I apparently have issues with "favorites"! I have too many. I like different books for different reasons and I like a LOT of books. I have been reading for as long as I can remember and when I wasn't old enough to read I was being read to.

Growing up I used to sit on a stool in the kitchen at my grandparents house. My grandmother would make me bushtea and toast with marmite on it and we would listen every day to the radio where someone was reading "The Secret Garden". I love this book and the memories it brings back to me.

I have a collection of books by Enid Blyton. I have a collection of books by Wilbur Smith that at one time belonged to my dad.

I love Orson Scott Card and the Alvin Maker series and the Ender's Series.

I love "To Kill a Mockingbird" and "The Power of One", "A Tree Grow's in Brooklyn", "The Poisonwood Bible", "Middlesex" and "The Birth House".

And how about Children's books?

It would be impossible for me to limit my favorite books to just one. In fact, I think I may even start my own list of top 100 books and see if I can limit it to 100.

1 comment:

Teena in Toronto said...

I love to read too much to have a favourite book.