Friday, January 13, 2012

12 of 12: January 2012

Today was a very sad day in our home as our two year old great dane had to be put down for medical issues. We are devestated to lose him and wish we had options that would guarantee his health and not leave him in potential prolonged pain without guarantee of success.
Hugo has been a significant part of our lives and a blessing in the life of our boys. We will miss him more than words can tell.

When I got home from work this morning at about 1 am Max and Hugo had been sleeping together. Shel took this and sent it to me.
 Sitting on the couch before we left for the vet
 Checking out a squirrel in the tree with Shel. Where is a dane to sit if it isn't on the couch?
 CJ does not want his photo taken (after we got home from the vet CJ bit me!) It has been a long time - over a year since he has bitten. Poor kid is having a tough time tonight.
 Looking out the window as the boys go with the neighbours. Max kissed him "lots and lots" before he left.
 Trying to take a photo with Shel. She asked if I wanted one and I said no, and thought I might regret it. I already do.
 Sign on the wall in the vet office. According to this Hugo was already in his 20's although he did not act like it!
 Sign on the wall as we entered the vet office. I thought it was a funny sign, but I was looking for reasons to be distracted. It worked for about 7 seconds.
 Picking up the boys on the way home. CJ ran away from us so we picked him up as we drove away.
 We heard something under the car so got out to check what it was, but couldnt find anything. (The car was turned off while we all lay on the ground)
 The only thing we managed to put together for dinner. Didn't feel like much of anything.
Empty Bed.

The house was really quiet last night.
I hate today.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. A friendship with a great dog is so special. Those pictures are great--he was a beauty.

Teena in Toronto said...

I'm so sorry about Hugo.

Martini Dan said...

So sorry for your lost. I know the feeling all too well. My beast for you and and your familly!