Tuesday, January 12, 2010

12 of 12: January

Chad Darnell (check out his website HERE) hosts 12 of 12. 12 photos taken on the 12th of each month. I love it, and though I have never met Chad, I think he is a genius for thinking of the idea. THANKS CHAD!

Here are my 12 (admittedly more boring than those of other people who participate).....

1. 7am

The boys were up early and came into the bedroom to hang out with us. Everyone (pets, kids and dog) were all present and sharing in the love.



2. 9am.

I am in one of the conference/classrooms waiting for a leadership meeting to begin. The bus has not yet arrived with staff from our other campus. Here is the morning spread. I have no idea why these photos are coming out yellow. I am camera challenged.




3. Noon.

We are having a "working" lunch. I have eaten my sandwhich and I am about to start on my broccoli soup. Our cafeteria makes the most SCRUMPTIOUS soup.






4. 3pm.


Conference room cleared. One person forgot her purse and then the bus left and forgot one of the people. I laughed. we managed to track someone down to return and pick her up. Turns out they DID do a head count, but someone took the bus in the afternoon that didn't take the bus int he morning so they thought they had everyone.



5. 3:30pm Leaving the administration building and heading back to my office. It's getting cold again.



6. 4pm.

What happens to my desk when I am away for the day. HA HA! This is what my desk ALWAYS looks like and something I aim to remedy this year before I drive myself insane.


7. 5pm.

Waiting outside for my spouse to arrive and take me home. We are working with one vehicle currently and it is a hassle. It is still getting dark early and the roads are slippery with fog and freezing rain.



8. 6:30pm


Just got home and the boys got to open the gifts send from Aunty Jill in Texas. Max got maracas and is already making lovely music.


9. 7pm.

Ed is showing Max how to fix a hole. The door came right out of the wall and pulled the screws along with it. I thought I was going to have to move the hinges and all KINDS of fancy things, but our friend and carpenter showed up with glue and toothpicks and saved the day. AWESOME trick!



10. 7:15pm


Still watching the magic taking place. Max is holding his maracas he just got from his aunt.



11. 7:30


That door would have taken mom a LOT longer to hang than 15 minutes from start to finish. Ed is wrapping the cord and Max is fascinated. I think he wants to show Ed a better way! He is an expert on cords you know.



12. 8:30pm

Took Ed home and took a picture of my favorite tree. It's a Mountain Ash and usually has really red berries. The Bohemian Waxwings have been here already and eaten them all. Hopefully we will plant some in our yard this year so we can enjoy them at home also. I need to get a better picture of the Hoar Frost.

2 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

I love the picture of your son and the kitty :)

Dogeared said...

Hee, that first photo is cool :D

I think the yellow tinge is because the building lights are tungsten or fluorescent. Your camera should have settings to correct this.